DCCA Guide Corps
The guide program is now in its third year at the DCCA, under the direction of Curator of Education, Jane Chesson. Chesson has directed the program since 2009 and remarks, "It has been an honor to work with the DCCA Guide Corps of Volunteers for the past year. They are truly liaisons between the DCCA and surrounding community and serve a vital role in the institution. Due to the overwhelming success of the tour program since its debut in 2009 the DCCA is looking for eager and energetic members of the community to join the DCCA in its aim to facilitate discussion and foster accessibility to contemporary art."
For more information, or to apply, contact Sarah Ware, Curator of Education, at (302) 656-6466 ext. 7101 or email@example.com
Because of the diversity of the audience we serve and the art we exhibit, the DCCA invites community members of various ages, backgrounds, and talents to become guides. Guides must have daytime availability for tours and training, a willingness to learn about contemporary art, and an enthusiasm for sharing their knowledge with others. Prior teaching, touring, studio art, or art history background is an asset but not required. Guides must complete the 7-week training class in order to lead tours and make a minimum of a two-year commitment.
Benefits of Becoming a Guide
DCCA Guides will receive special privileges such as:
- Invitations to exclusive exhibition walk-throughs and artist talks
- Discounted rates to many DCCA programs and events
- In depth exploration of contemporary art
- Opportunities to meet new people who share your interests and passions
- The chance to work with a team of dedicated museum professionals
- An opportunity to contribute to DCCA’s mission of making contemporary art accessible to everyone
Sarah Ware, Curator of Education, at (302) 656-6466 ext. 7101 or firstname.lastname@example.org